- Two graduate degrees (M.Ed. & Ed.S.) from the Counselor Education Department at The University of Florida in 1983.
- LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) since 1986.
- Eight years (1978 – 1986) employed by the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS) at the North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center in Gainesville, FL working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team with clients adjudicated Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. Final position: Human Services Counselor III, Certified Forensic.
- Twenty three years (1986 – 2010) employed as a consultant on child abuse cases by the Pinellas County Child Protection Team Program. Final position: Senior Child Protection Specialist.
- Certified by the State (Department of Children and Families) in 2001 to facilitate Batterer’s Intervention Program (BIP) groups
- Ten (10) years working part time for A Wellness Center conducting BIP groups (2001 – 2010)
- Retired from CPT and opened A Center for Wellness in April 2010
- Member of the Pinellas County Domestic Violence Task Force since 2000
- Member of the Human Services Program Advisory Committee of St. Petersburg College since 1996
- Member of The Connection Partners committed to collective transformation
- Member of The Bridge of Tampa Advisory Board
- Author and Facilitator of the Roots and Wings: The Way of Wholenesswellness model employed at A Center for Wellness
- Member of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce (recent). Pictures taken 11/10/14 at the time of graduation from the Chamber’s Entrepreneurial Academy.
- Four years in the Marine Corps, from 1968 to 1972. One year in Vietnam. Honorable Discharge with the rank of Sergeant (E5).
- Local facilitator of the Suncoast Community Institute of Noetic Sciences (SCIONS) since 2010
- Facilitator of the Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream Symposium through the Pachamama Alliance
- Agent of Conscious Evolution (ACE) through the Foundation for Consciousness Evolution and The Shift Network
- Member of the Holistic Alliance of Tampa Bay
- Co-Founding Member of TCEEC (Therapist Council for Environment and Economic Consciousness)
- Member, Circle of Friends, supporting WMNF Community Radio
- My two sons are now 36 and 41 years old. My only grandchild was born in October 2013.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, through CEPAP at The National Experimental University Simon Rodriguez- Venezuela.
- Master of Science Degree in Behavior Counseling from CIPPSV- Psychiatric, Psychological and Sexological Research Center –Venezuela.
- Employed since 2004 as a bilingual BIP group facilitator at the following centers: “A Wellness Center” from 2004 through 2010 and “A Center for Wellness” since 2011.
- Employed since 2006 for Ceridian HCM, as a Bilingual Counselor, Disability Specialist and, since 2011, as a Substance Abuse Case Manager, serving clients through their Employee Assistance Program.
- Since 2011 provide substance/alcohol abuse evaluations in both English and Spanish at A Center for Wellness. Also provide Alcohol Abuse Awareness classes at A Center for Wellness.
- Certified by the State (DCF) in 2005 as a Batterer’s Intervention Program Group Facilitator
- Certified by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission in 2011 as Certified Employee Assistance Professional-CEAP (current).
- Certified by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals in 2011 as a Substance Abuse Professional -SAP- DOT qualified (current).
- Certified by the International Association of Trauma Professionals in 2014 as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional – CCTP (current).
- Certified in 2014 through Breining Institute in the state of California as a Master’s Registered Addictions Specialist –M-RAS (current).
- I have lived and worked in several countries, learning about the many values of different cultures.
- I am a published writer, literature researcher, story-teller and poet in Spanish.
- I have a child who resides in another country
Serve the client and the community with compassionate and effective treatment strategies to help insure the safety of victims and the wellbeing of all family members.
Borrowing from the Pinellas County Domestic Violence Task Force:
- To promote the prevention of domestic and sexual violence
- To enhance victim safety
- To hold batterers accountable
Borrowing from the Awakening the Dreamer,
Changing the Dream Symposium through the Pachamama Alliance:
Bringing forth an
human presence on this planet
From the heart:
- To honor all victims and all persons
- To live in harmony with the living Earth and her inhabitants
- To take a stand from the place of authentic power
- To fulfill a worthy and noble purpose
- To exist in and model peace
“The class has helped me understand my anger & problem solving. I look at things a lot differently, even myself.” – 38 year old client
A Center for Wellness
8800 49th Street North, Suite 312
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
Office: (727) 544-3352
Call for fax # if needed
© 2016 A Center for Wellness
Sanderlin Family Center
2335 22nd Ave. S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33705